Thread: TV Series "For All MAnkind"...

TV Series "For All MAnkind"...

I started to watch this series and its an alternative timeline of when the US put men on the moon and were in competition with the USSR. I thought it worth while enough to continue to watch the series.

Looks interesting but appears to be available only on Apple TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Looks interesting but appears to be available only on Apple TV?
    Its Apple TV I think for the moment...probably will be available on other channels before long.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    Its Apple TV I think for the moment...probably will be available on other channels before long.
    I 100 percent guarantee it won't. Apple is in the content business, just like Netflix, Amazon or HBO.

As I recall apple Tv+ is fairly cheap. I don't have it because I rarely watch anything other than sports, but the commercials for this show did pique my interest.

People have always clamored for "a la carte" cable channels, and it looks like with the plethora of streaming services they will be close to getting just that. I think they will be disappointed that it does not end up being any cheaper.

When someone offers Apple a box of cash will they sell their content?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    When someone offers Apple a box of cash will they sell their content?

My speculation (worth about what you are paying for it) is that Apple is more interested in establishing market share than it is in generating revenue.

Blog Entries
    My desire is that the license to view content be separated from the manner in which it is distributed. I would have no problem paying a fair price for Star Trek Discovery, currently carried on CBS All Access. But what I don't want to do is buy the whole CBS package just to get that one show. Likewise, the fact that "For All Mankind" is carried only on Apple+ blocks me. To expand the idea a bit, what I would like to see is that I be able to purchase a license to view a program or listen to music from some organization that funnels that money to the content creator. I would then pay a fair price separately to some distributor (Netflix, Amazon, etc) for transporting that content to me.

I think we are slowly migrating to an ala-carte system where I would pay for the shows I want to see. I look forward to that.

All the time, when I start spend too much time in front of the screen, watching TV/series I feel uncomfortable. I believe, even a very interesting plot can't change my attitude toward this time spending.