Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with angle tenon jig cut

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Starr View Post
    Do yourself a favor and consider replacing the fence in the near future. I fought with that fence on my Grizzly for years...I finally replaced it with a new front rail assembly that I made myself and a Very Super Cool Tools fence. I can't figure out why I fought the other for so-o-o-o-o long.
    Lisa, what exactly were your problems? I notice the faces aren’t flat so I shimmed with
    painters tape under neath no make it flat within .003. I also had to shim slightly to get the faces square to the table.

Instead of tilting blade for angles, why not leave blade at 90, and BUILD a couple of angled sleds to hold work pieces. Once your friends find out that you built a flag case, you will be asked to do more, which will be easy as you already have jigs to make cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Instead of tilting blade for angles, why not leave blade at 90, and BUILD a couple of angled sleds to hold work pieces. Once your friends find out that you built a flag case, you will be asked to do more, which will be easy as you already have jigs to make cuts.
    This is a great idea Bruce and something I’ve seen done before. I would likely build one for 67.5 and 45. I will probably do this when I have more time. I need to get this flag case done very soon.

I have fixed the problem today. This afternoon I “re-tuned” the saw again with nothing more than a combi square and a lucky tooth on the blade. I was very meticulous and got it just right. Not much work needed to be done from where it was. Next I carefully aligned the fence to the miter slot. Before trying this cut again with the jig I left the saw at 45 and made some cuts with the miter gauge and the piece flat on the table and the cuts were perfect, so I knew the setup was right on. Then I set up to make the 67.5 cut. The only thing different I did was to clamp the piece to the jig with two clamps as Steve suggested. I clamped rather tight as I thought this really could be the problem. The cut was right on.

So the good news is that I fixed the problem, the bad news is that I’m not sure exactly what the problem was. Could have been a combination of a few things. So thanks everyone for your suggestions! Hopefully this can help others in the future that are having the same problem.

Hi Brian,
    Please post some pictures of your finished flag case. I would love to see it!
    Thanks,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    Hi Brian,
    Please post some pictures of your finished flag case. I would love to see it!
    Thanks,
    David
    Will do David!