Thread: keep shop floors vacumed

keep shop floors vacumed

Hope you people can help me, have not put in central dustcontrol system yet but have a largeshopevac with 2.5 inch hose. Any of you use the GrizzlyIndustrial G2752 - Rolling Floor Sweep using a wet/dry vacwith 4 to 2.5 inch reducer?

Interesting, I have not seen that. Made my own but without wheels. They would restrict movement.

I use my leaf blower...
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Going from 2 1/2" to 4" might reduce the air speed too much for effective pickup. You could always make an adapter and an end block so the 2 1/2" went all the way through to the pickup sweep. That would make it work much better than the reducer. Two circles at 4"D with a ~2 1/2" hole in the center should suffice. One at the top and one at the bottom of the 4" existing pipe on the rolling sweep.

Hi Leo
    Easy mistake to make. Pickup is determined by velocity at the surface of the floor. That is determined by the open area there and the system airflow in CFM. That airflow would be slightly reduced by the restrictions you suggest. A tapered reducer would be better and could be installed anywhere in the 4" section.

There would be no restriction in my design. All it's doing essentially is eliminating the 4" section of tubing and getting the 2 1/2" right into the pickup area. Keeping the velocity of air faster because of the smaller diameter tubing.

I have that sweep head that I attach to the 1.5 hp grizzly DC with a 4'x20' hose. It does a nice job with the 4". It has a beefy metal body. As Tom pointed out, it will depend upon velocity at the head. You could experiment with it as to length of 2.5". You might have to tape off a part of the vacuum head. It should work. Have to ask though, why not use the hose and vacuum head supplied with the vac?

I was thinking of trying to make something like this but may just get the Grizzly, looks sturdy and is the same price as the Rockler plastic version.

shop vac sweep sucks to floor like a suction cup need something with wheels

I have the Grizzly floor sweeper with the wheels. I use it with 4" hose on my 3hp cyclone. Quick clean up for shop.