Thread: Jet Low Speed wet sharpener & Shop Fox mortiser

Jet Low Speed wet sharpener & Shop Fox mortiser

I think I stumbled into a good deal today. I picked up a Jet JSSG10 low speed wet sharpening sytem, plus accessories.........and a Shop Fox mortiser with 3 sets of bits. The mortiser was used only once. The sharpener has had a little use. The fellow said it was too much trouble to set up and use, but he does almost no hand tool work (he has a 45 x 45' shop equipped with every top of the line machines available...and he makes things like bird houses and pens..but he's happy, so its fine).

Gave him $250 for both machines. I think it was a really good deal.

Opinions?

Blog Entries
    Sounds good, pictures would help.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Good deal? You practically stole it.
    Nice score!
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Good deal? You practically stole it.
    Nice score!

Thanks, I was wondering. Both are in perfect condition but needed cleaning up (the fellow had his yard man clean up his shop !!! so not great cleaning).

I sharpened a set of chisels, my #3 set (#1 set is reserved for dovetails only, #2 for general 'nice' work, and #3 for general stuff around the house). At first the ends were skewed; got on line and found that the guide bars might not be perfectly square, bent it straight and results were perfect. However, the grind is much too coarse for my liking; I like mirror polished edges and it would be hard to do with this machine, so I will probably let it go.

One of the bushings is missing form the mortiser, that allows the use of 5/8 shank chisels; he probably has it and will check next trip. Otherwise it works perfectly. Cleaned it up and it looks new.

No, pictures, didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    No, pictures, didn't happen.
    Even better, sharpen some tools for us

But after you work the kinks out!

I expect that you will be very happy with your purchase.

7. Great value for the money!