Thread: Just a reminder

Blog Entries

Just a reminder

Home Depot will match Menard's 11% off pricing if you buy during the same time period. I believe, like Menard's, you have to fill out a form and mail it in with your receipt to get store credit. My son is heading there today to get vinyl planking for his whole finished basement.
    NOW you tell me...

Did not know that, thanks!

Lowes has a policy that they will match any competitors price even sale prices for online retailers and for bricks and mortar stores they will beat it by (if I recall 10%). I did it once, all I had to do was show them the competitors price on my phone. They verified it by going to the website themselves and gave me the competitors price less 10%.

Be aware that only Home Depot stores that compete with Menards are eligible for the 11% rebate. See https://www.homedepotrebates11percen...1680532367.pdf for a list of eligible stores.

My previous rebates have come in 10 days or less after submission so more of my business has gone to Home Depot lately. I have not done a rebate in maybe six months so I don't know if they are still as fast. My father get over $1,500 in rebates last year because he redid his very large deck.

Have a good friend who did the 11% Menards discount match at our local Home Depot. As stated earlier, had to fill out a form and mail it in. He had all kinds of issues getting it after they supposedly sent it to an entirely different address than his. Nobody could give him any type of explanation and they were very unwilling to reissue the merchandise credit again. Only after multiple calls, escalations to supervisors of supervisors, and finally threat of initiating legal action, did they finally give him his merchandise credit. I'm kind of leary of attempting the Home Depot match after his episode. Hopefully his was an isolated instance, but with Menards' process of giving the 11% being pretty simple and seamless, I'll probably keep more of my business there. At least till I hear better results from the Home Deport 11% match. (FWIW, our Menards has a much larger selection of items than our HD does as well.)

As with all things, YMMV.

Clint

I like Menards better they seem to have better quality stuff and are better priced even without the discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Be aware that only Home Depot stores that compete with Menards are eligible for the 11% rebate. See https://www.homedepotrebates11percen...1680532367.pdf for a list of eligible stores.
    No Menards in Tennessee - I've never set foot in one. HD will, however, match other competetors such as Amazon. I've gotten $100s off by showing the "associate" Amazon ads on my phone.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Baxter View Post
    Have a good friend who did the 11% Menards discount match at our local Home Depot. As stated earlier, had to fill out a form and mail it in. He had all kinds of issues getting it after they supposedly sent it to an entirely different address than his. Nobody could give him any type of explanation and they were very unwilling to reissue the merchandise credit again. Only after multiple calls, escalations to supervisors of supervisors, and finally threat of initiating legal action, did they finally give him his merchandise credit. I'm kind of leary of attempting the Home Depot match after his episode. Hopefully his was an isolated instance, but with Menards' process of giving the 11% being pretty simple and seamless, I'll probably keep more of my business there. At least till I hear better results from the Home Deport 11% match. (FWIW, our Menards has a much larger selection of items than our HD does as well.)
    Home Depot's system to me is way easier than Menards. Home Depot has a website to get the rebate. HD has also been way faster than Menards.

Can you still use your military discount along with the rebate