Preface - Decades ago Dewalt pioneered the use of the radial arm saw. It was promoted as a do it all home workshop tool. Turn it this way to do this, flip it that way to do that, pull it to make that cut, add these accessories to do these kind of things... While touted as a simple machine that any homeowner would be crazy not to have, it could actually be complicated in its set-up and use. To this end, Dewalt enlisted a group of salesmen that would travel the country, demonstrating the saws and providing instruction in its use.

Most famous among these was Wally Kunkle. Nicknamed Mr. Sawdust, he is regarded as the father of the radial arm explosion after WWII. His Mr. Sawdust table may be the most copied design for the RAS and his book, “How to Master the Radial Arm Saw” is considered to be the bible for many dedicated RAS users.

Despite his death many years ago, his family continues to sell his book from the family home. His son is just reopening a woodworking school featuring, among other tools, the RAS.

Below is a post from Wally’s family, placed on the Dewalt Radial Arm Saw group on Delphi Forums.

I've had a number of requests lately from customers who have bought a copy of "How to Master the Radial Arm Saw" as to whether there are any videos of Mr. Sawdust's demonstrations or teaching classes. My answer is, so far...no.

I know that back in the early days when my dad was introducing the DeWalt and demonstrating at shows and various locations there were some 'movies' made. (That's what they were called back then-lol) Perhaps they are archived somewhere out there.
I also believe there may be videos out there taken by students in his classes at the Mr.Sawdust school on Chester NJ.

I'm hoping that this might be shared here and on other woodworking forums to perhaps locate some-if they exist.
Just an idea! Sure would like to find some!
If anyone here comes across someone who has one please contact me: mwalsh@dovetalebooks.com

Thanks,
Mary