I am working on two automation projects for the fiber.

The first is a rotary device, which at this time is designed to hold 10 cups/bottles. It will laser, then rotate to the next cup and laser and so on and so forth. Once those are done, I can lift the platter off (what holds the cups) and load a new one on. This will maximize marking time. It can be adapted to anything really but will be mainly used for cups and pens.

The second is an automated card "pusher". I will be able to load up a stack of aluminum business cards (up to 1000) and walk away while the fiber does its thing. It will mark and then put a new card in and mark and so on and so forth.

I know there are commercial options available for these items but I like to build things. I have all of the electronic components, code and part of the mechanism finished on the first one. If all goes well, I'll have it operational this weekend. I have all of the electronic and pneumatic stuff for the second one but haven't written the code yet.

I will post up some pics and video once they are done. Have any of you done any automation stuff?