Thread: Scmi uno cs wide belt sander wiring help

Scmi uno cs wide belt sander wiring help

This is my first post [ new member] I just bought a scmi uno cs wide belt sander and using a rotary phase converter to run it. I need to know where to connect the high leg,t1 t2 or t3. Can anyone help me?

Blog Entries
    you need to talk to an electrician... a 3 phase electrician...

Figure out what two wires run the control transformer and don't hook it to those two.

Blog Entries
    He may not know... he may have never played with electrical before. May be his first time with 3 phase.

Blog Entries
    No offense intended at all, but your question tells how badly you need to get an electrician involved with this.

It's the control circuitry you have to watch out for, some may be single phase. You need a wiring diagram at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    No offense intended at all, but your question tells how badly you need to get an electrician involved with this.
    I don't see that, from the post i can tell they are at least smart enough to know that you don't want to hook the generated leg to the control circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    It's the control circuitry you have to watch out for, some may be single phase. You need a wiring diagram at the least.
    Just open the door to the electricals, be real easy to identify which two wires feed the control transformer, which are also fairly easy to identify.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    Just open the door to the electricals, be real easy to identify which two wires feed the control transformer, which are also fairly easy to identify.

Thanks everyone i will look it over. I Know there is at least one 110 control because i saw a relay with a 110 coil.

Just curious what horse power your wide belt is and what horse power your RPC is? I almost bought a similar used SCM wide belt but was told that it was not duel voltage and being that I don’t have 3 phase service and would be required to have a 100hp RPC and a step up transformer to bring the voltage up to 440v I decided to go with another brand. Is yours duel voltage or are you also using a step up transformer?

Most Unos were 18 hp. I have a dual head SCM that shares a 30 hp motor between the heads. Not as good as two separate motors but i can run it on my 30 hp Phase perfect and 200 amp service with enough room for a dust collector. Dave

My sander is 18hp 220 3phase. I have a 40hp rpc to run it. I got it wired and it works great. It is a one owner that was used 8to 10 hours a week for 4 years and has set in a heated shop since. The best part is I got it for 100 dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Coker View Post
    Just curious what horse power your wide belt is and what horse power your RPC is? I almost bought a similar used SCM wide belt but was told that it was not duel voltage and being that I don’t have 3 phase service and would be required to have a 100hp RPC and a step up transformer to bring the voltage up to 440v I decided to go with another brand. Is yours duel voltage or are you also using a step up transformer?

100Hp tells me they are thinking 50Hp or more output power motor.
    Bil lD