Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quiet Air Compressor for Wide Belt Sander, How many CFM do I need?

So, I bit the bullet and bought the California Air Tools 10020CAD. I'm going to put an sound meter on it when I get it in place, and compare it with the old Craftsman. Should be interesting.

Hopefully its specs are real, as are the requirements of the Grizzly wide-belt sander, and it will work great.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

As Bill mentions, a tight system will hold air a long time. If you want to be sure it doesn't run at night, switch it off when you leave the shop. When you switch it back on it should not run until you use air.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    As Bill mentions, a tight system will hold air a long time. If you want to be sure it doesn't run at night, switch it off when you leave the shop. When you switch it back on it should not run until you use air.
    My old Craftsman compressor was anything but tight. It would definitely run all night, if I didn't turn it off.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.