Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motor for Rockwell Table Saw

The saw is a Rockwell, per the manual linked on post #1. After putting on the Vega fence last year, I'm not in a big rush to send it to the dump. I'm not as offended by the 3/4hp as many of you, and will simply tolerate a slower feed rate. Which is fortunate because I shopped around and cannot find a new 1.5hp or 1hp motor frame that will stay below the table when the blade is tilted 45-degrees (printed out several full-scale templates to prove it to myself, and was trying ODP-style for reduced size). It's the least brain damage to use what I already have, so decided to fix the motor (I could get a vintage Rockwell 1hp off eBay, but given the fuss I'm going to pass on that for now).

The smallest ones that still didn't fit was a Leeson 1.5hp 110161-700B, or 1/2" shorter 1hp 110160-650B and Marathon C704 and C1477A, which are all open frame just like the original motor. For all of those, I'd have to relocate the start capacitor. The TEFC are all way too fat at the fan end.

Thanks everyone! Fingers crossed!

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I missed the manual link. If the 3/4 HP is okay with you, then spend the $200 to fix the old motor. Sometimes it's not just about the economics of a thing that's most important.