Thread: Cat. No. 120554.00 5hp Leeson Motor & C-Face Conversion Kit 143T 145T

Cat. No. 120554.00 5hp Leeson Motor & C-Face Conversion Kit 143T 145T

This has been kind of a long process, I purchased a new motor motor and conversion kit several years ago and the 16" impeller a couple years ago and just now getting around to building the blower. Last night I started to make the C-Face conversion to the motor but seem to be having some interference issues. Wondering if anyone else has made this conversion?

As per the instructions, I removed the rotor and I am supposed to insert the "lock Plate" behind the bearing and fasten it to the C-Face with 2 screws through the 2 small screw holes on the C-face below. My problem is that I have been unable to insert the backing plate between the bearing and the fan. I'm concerned that I could break the plastic fan if i force it between the two. Nowhere does it say anything about pulling the bearing to make room between the two in the instructions. Or am I JUST MISSING SOMETHING?

1111192127a.jpg1111192016a.jpg

Any ideas?

Can the fan be loosened and slid further in to install the lock plate? You would have to put fan back in the original position before you reassemble the motor. Otherwise it looks like you need to pull the bearing off to get the lock plate behind the bearing because the fan is in the way. Bolt length will be critical because the bolts could easily extend past the lock plate into the fan.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Looks easy enough to pull the bearing. Just make sure to pull only on the inner race or you will get Brinnelling and destroy the bearing. Same on the install. I would make some kind of split ring so the inner race extends past the outer one for a easier place to grab.
    Bil lD

Well no luck on the moving the fan back Rich and I have a bearing splitter but the bearing is too far back, the bearing is partially covered by the fan, no room to fit the splitter between the two. So I called our local Electric Motor and Supply and they said that they switched out the plates all the time. They just installed the new C-face and skipped installing the lock plate. I really didn’t see a need for the plate either, since I’m installing it with the shaft down. Cost me $75 to get peace of mind.