Thread: Inca Router Lift

Inca Router Lift

Does it work with Norm’s router table design?

I have an INCRA Mast-R-Lift II in my New Yankee Workshop router table and it works great. The old router plate I had before switching to the lift was an exact size match so all I had to do was drop it in.

Thanks Ken. Did you get the magnetic inserts designed for improved dust collection?

Yes I did get the magnetic inserts. I'm not sure how much they improve dust collection. The magnet that holds the insert to the base is quite strong and to remove it you'll need something to pry it loose. I use the allen wrench that they supply for leveling the base plate set screws. I've really enjoyed the smooth operation and precision of the lift.

I would assume that the Incra lift would work with any table with proper clearance under the top. If you have questions call Incra and ask. They always respond and always give very useful and accurate answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gibbons View Post
    Thanks Ken. Did you get the magnetic inserts designed for improved dust collection?
    I got the magnetic inserts as an aftermarket add and they definitely improved the dust collection,

The one difference that may happen is you get the Rockler Incra lift which is a different dimension plate. They do sell one that is standard size. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    I got the magnetic inserts as an aftermarket add and they definitely improved the dust collection,
    Curious as to how those help with dust collection?

I have the Mast R Lift II as well. I have fence and under the router collection. I initially would use the smallest insert I could with any given bit but I found that dust collection was worse in that case so I start using the bigger ones and the dust collection is great.

Tim, do you have these rings or the solid ones?
    DCBF162C-0892-4489-B897-D3B216AAFEE2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M Tuttle View Post
    Curious as to how those help with dust collection?

I have the Mast R Lift II as well. I have fence and under the router collection. I initially would use the smallest insert I could with any given bit but I found that dust collection was worse in that case so I start using the bigger ones and the dust collection is great.
    Tim,
    Look at Steve's photo, the openings in the rings increases the collection in much the same manor a your larger openings.

Passing along the feedback to Santa. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Fish View Post
    Tim, do you have these rings or the solid ones?
    DCBF162C-0892-4489-B897-D3B216AAFEE2.jpg
    Yea, those are where its at!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!