Thread: MM16 Door Gaskets

MM16 Door Gaskets

The door gaskets on my MM16 are deteriorating and coming off in chunks. Any suggestions on what to replace them with? They seem to be about 1/4" wide and maybe 1/8" thick (before compression by closing the door). I'm not out in the shop right now so I'm just guessing at the dimensions.

I saw this:https://www.amazon.com/Density-Adhes.../dp/B07PVP4YKQ. Also this: https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Weat.../dp/B07MCSJSTG.
    Do you think either of these will work?

Thanks

I used stick on weatherstrip from the depot. I think it was 5/16" thick? Been working fine. Clean the surfaces with denatured alcohol.

Mark, I agree with Walter...just choose a self-stick weather strip product that's the same general thickness and apply after removing the deteriorating original gasket material and thoroughly cleaning the surface for good adhesion. No need to over think this beyond that, IMHO.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks for reminding me I need to replace mine as well Mark. I noticed it several months (or even last year?) ago and promptly forgot about it. And, my DC pulls less efficiently on the BS than it does on the other machinery in the shop.
    David

this. exactly my take - leave them off, better air flow. mine have been gone for years.

Quote Originally Posted by David Eisenhauer View Post
    Thanks for reminding me I need to replace mine as well Mark. I noticed it several months (or even last year?) ago and promptly forgot about it. And, my DC pulls less efficiently on the BS than it does on the other machinery in the shop.