Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mathews View Post
I have 4 different types of mobile bases on woodworking machines. By far the best is the Industrial Mobile Base by SawStop. A few pumps of the hydraulic lift and it moves effortlessly in any direction wanted. It has a 1000 lb. capacity. I'd like to build one similar for my Northfield 12" jointer weighing a little over 1100 lbs.
Aye! The SS industrial saw base is much better than any other mobile base in my shop. But it is not in my shop yet. Ten days ago, I bought the mobile base along with the pcs saw on it and drove it home . The assembly still sits in my garage, though . The base is a little too large, at 30", to fit through both the backdoor to the house and the interior basement door to my shop. Both are 29 1/2" with jambs .

My plan is to separate the base and move the saw with a 2-wheel truck. That can be done when my recent back injury improves and I have my son and SIL are here for T-day. Then I'll be able to join the other happy SMC woodworkers about its excellent performance in the shop.