Thread: Anybody using Grass Undermount slides?

Anybody using Grass Undermount slides?

I went to an open house/mini trade show at Cleveland Tool and Cutter today and got to talking to the Grass rep about their Dynapro 16 series undermount slides. They seem to have a number of improvements compared to the Blum undermounts, at least according to the rep. Heavier gauge metal, covered soft close mechanism so no visible springs or chance for "stuff" to fall into the mechanism, front roller farther forward on the bottom of the slide to minimize sag, more positive engagement and more adjustment range. And the pricing seems better too (although the price sheet says limited time pricing). They use the same notching and hole layout as Blum (the rep claims Blum adopted Grass' standard, FWIW).

Anybody out there using them and if so, what do you think of them?

They're fantastic! I used them for our kitchen remodel, and they've held up exceedingly well. I have some wide, deep, drawers.
    I have the soft close on the drawers. the Gras concealed door hinges are equally as nice.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I second Mike's comments on Grass undermounts. I've used them for years.

We've used both over the last decade plus by the thousands.

I can't really tell much of a difference between the two quality wise. I believe your rep has it backwards though. Blum has been making Tandem for over two decades now; while Dynapro is a relatively new offering for Grass. Their undermount was Nova and it used a much narrower notch.

Buy which ever one has the best price and SUPPORT in your area.

There is one area in which Dynapro has an advantage. If you want to use thin metal box sides like the Europeans, then Grass is your ticket. Blum has them, but you've got to cut a wide notch in the bottom of the drawer the length of both sides which requires a special machine or lots of time.

Never heard for them, only worked with blum so far.
    Might try them.