Thread: Artificial Intelligence AI

Artificial Intelligence AI

Hi,
    PBS Frontline released a two hour segment this week dealing with the subject of AI.

If you have any interest in the area of AI and/or futurism in general, you may find it worth watching. The segment deals with several sub-topics such as driverless vehicles, surveillance, privacy, job displacement, and other types of societal impact arising from AI and machine learning. It was eye opening for me.

There are a lot of passionate opinions on the subject, but even if you just look at the topic agnostically, it's incredibly fascinating, and undeniable that we're heading into a radically changing world.

If you watch it, I hope you find it interesting.

Edwin
    Last edited by Edwin Santos; 11-07-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Fascinating subject. i would be interested to see the show,
    Thanks for posting the info,

While AI is fascinating, I think the human race's time would be better spent working on improving ACTUAL intelligence... maybe it would dawn on us that the artificial version is turning humans into cold, lazy, close-minded fools.

Just my ...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Like they say " you can't fix stupid"
    People are getting dumber, take a look around, see whats popular on Youtube.
    Look at the politicians, there is no hope!
    It's time!

The planet needs to be managed as a single unit, to do that, we would have to put aside religion, bias, fear, lies, prejudice and greed, in short the stuff that makes us humans special. We would need a common vision, and humans being humans will never do that.

AI is our only hope, AI could manage the planet and keep it in balance. Keep the population under control and manage the resources based on knowledge, facts and science. We could survive as prisoners of our own stupidity. Forced to comply with the rule of a law made for the benefit and well-being of the planet.

Humans should not be in charge of the planet, they are too morally corrupt and far too stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    While AI is fascinating, I think the human race's time would be better spent working on improving ACTUAL intelligence... maybe it would dawn on us that the artificial version is turning humans into cold, lazy, close-minded fools.

Just my ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hennebury View Post
    Like they say " you can't fix stupid"
    People are getting dumber, take a look around, see whats popular on Youtube.
    Look at the politicians, there is no hope!
    It's time!

The planet needs to be managed as a single unit, to do that, we would have to put aside religion, bias, fear, lies, prejudice and greed, in short the stuff that makes us humans special. We would need a common vision, and humans being humans will never do that.

AI is our only hope, AI could manage the planet and keep it in balance. Keep the population under control and manage the resources based on knowledge, facts and science. We could survive as prisoners of our own stupidity. Forced to comply with the rule of a law made for the benefit and well-being of the planet.

Humans should not be in charge of the planet, they are too morally corrupt and far too stupid.
    Mark, you're sounding like a bad science fiction movie Sir!
    Colossus: The Forbin Project or something.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Managing the planet is simple, like managing anything else, you do the math get the results work out a plan and follow it. The only way to screw it up is to add stupid in the mix. Get stupid under control and your back on track. Vlad the impaler did a good job, but since he's no longer available, i vote for AI.

Eight Main Causes of War

1. Economic Gain
    2. Territorial Gain
    3. Religion
    4. Nationalism
    5. Revenge
    6. Civil War
    7. Revolutionary War
    8. Defensive War

This guy paid $9,000,000 for a license plate for one of his fleet of Rolls Royce's

161031052722-dubai-license-plate-1-780x439.jpeg

14907169_10154314628395910_3602322214796482628_n.jpg

Time for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post

I'll see your $9,000,000 license plate and raise you $82,000,000 for a 3' tall stainless steel inflatable rabbit...
    gr.jpg
    --bought at auction for $91 mil 'on behalf of a client' by our Treasury Secretary's father...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

no kidding
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post

yep ok yep is to short yep it is LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander