Thread: Shoe Holder/Rack

Blog Entries

Shoe Holder/Rack

We are building a new home and wife wants a series of "boxes" approx 46" wide and up to 8 ft tall that she can store shoes. My concern is how big to make the boxes. We are limited to about 12" in depth. I was thinking three cubbies across equally spaced and about 6" -8" tall. Any other suggestions appreciated.

That's going to store a lot of shoes. Typical shoe box is about 8" x 5" x 12", maybe use those dimensions as a guide.

Hi! I have drawers boxes at home, it is very convenient for storing non-seasonal shoes. I advise you to take a closer look, they are not large in size, do not take up much space)

Measure the shoes you are going to store, it seems you can have 4 rows easily. The height for shoes at 5" seems good. Boots will warrant a taller spot. Some spaces can have a moveable divider or two to give shoe/boot flexibility. I would put boots at the top so your 16" for boots makes the heel reachable below the 8 ft. Likewise boots at the bottom makes their tops reachable without crawling on the floor.
    So 48 pairs of shoes and 8 pairs of boots. Not Imelda Marcos but for the rest of us.......
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Show racks

I have done a couple of these.you can make them as tall as you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images