Thread: Trash Truck

Trash Truck

I removed a fence for my neighbor, it was a hideous spite fence 6ft high and solid. Both neighbors had moved away so it was time. Dragged it to the curb and met the trash man there. It was mostly in panels 6 ft x 8 ft plus some misc pieces. The trash man would pick up pieces up to 4 ft x 4 ft if I called for a special pickup. I asked him how small I would have to cut it up for next week's run. He said "lets give it a try" and he put in a 6 ft x 6 ft section, cycled the gate and 'crunch', it swallowed half of it. I was impressed and said so. Now the man with a thankless job had power! Crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch and only one piece remained. It was about 6 ft x 8 ft and included two 4 x 6s. CRUNCH and it broke them both in half and swallowed them. A hearty handshake and we were on our way, both feeling good.

Blog Entries
    When service people went above and beyond in such circumstances my response besides the hearty handshake was to also hand them a $5 or $10 bill and tell them to think of me while having a drink after work.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I used to leave mine Molson Golden, in a cooler, when I knew I was being a little bit sketchy. The cooler always came back the next week.
    During home reno's I always neatly and carefully put the reusable fixtures in a box on top of the trash.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Our trash guys are really good. Our house sits above the road and generally they will put up on the walkway. As for big pickup they always tell me just to put out on Thursday, as they always say less work on Friday is always preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Our trash guys are really good. Our house sits above the road and generally they will put up on the walkway. As for big pickup they always tell me just to put out on Thursday, as they always say less work on Friday is always preferred.
    What's a trash truck? Out in the solitude of the contryside there is no such thing as trash pickup. Hauling off trash is one reason for pickup truck sales to people who otherwise don't need a truck. Me, I use a 14' hydraulic dump trailer. The landfill doesn't care the size or type of trash I dump, I'm just limited to 2000 lbs per load without a charge. Logs, brush, and other wood goes to the 6' deep burn pit to enrich the soil. I've hauled 12 loads in the last few weeks.

dump_trailer.jpg

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    What's a trash truck? Out in the solitude of the contryside there is no such thing as trash pickup. Hauling off trash is one reason for pickup truck sales to people who otherwise don't need a truck. Me, I use a 14' hydraulic dump trailer. The landfill doesn't care the size or type of trash I dump, I'm just limited to 2000 lbs per load without a charge. Logs, brush, and other wood goes to the 6' deep burn pit to enrich the soil. I've hauled 12 loads in the last few weeks.

dump_trailer.jpg

JKJ
    Same here John, life is good in the sticks. This is the demo from a house gut and remodel, took us a few weeks to make the pile, took them minutes to deal with it with their loader.

demo.jpg