Thread: Shark guard?

Shark guard?

I noticed Shark Guard is apparently in the process of overhauling their web site and a lot of the links you get on a Google search don't work. The new site isn't particularly easy to navigate and they no longer list prices, but instead want you to submit for a quote. I have heard that the founder has retired and his son is now in charge of the company.

I'm considering a Shark Guard for my Minimax slider but given that they seem to be, at best, in some sort of transition, I'm a little reluctant to send them any money at this point. Anyone have any recent experience with them?

Hi Dave,

It's been a few months since I got my Shark Guard. I found working with Lee to be outstanding. I got great personal service before and after the sale and I like the product. I'm not aware of the transition you mentioned. You should just give them a call and see if you reach Lee or his son.

Cheers,
    Mark

Unfortunately Lee passed away a few months back.
    His son(Ron) is running the business. Came across as a very nice guy. Replaced free of charge an 7 yr old SG that was faulty.
    Unfortunately for my use in a Griz 1023, it does not sit well and I took it out.
    Don't hesitate to email Ron. He is very responsive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashwini Kaul View Post
    Unfortunately Lee passed away a few months back.
    His son(Ron) is running the business. Came across as a very nice guy. Replaced free of charge an 7 yr old SG that was faulty.
    Unfortunately for my use in a Griz 1023, it does not sit well and I took it out.
    Don't hesitate to email Ron. He is very responsive.
    Can you explain further? I have one (about 7 years old) in my 1023 and the only issues I have is that I need to press down on the forward portion of the splitter before tightening it so it sits flat on the table, the locking lever gets in the way if you try to tilt 45 degrees and I can't quite get 1.5" boards under the aluminum clamp attached to the splitter. Of those, only the last one is annoying when trying to rip 2x lumber, I seldom rip at 45 degrees with the guard in place.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    I noticed Shark Guard is apparently in the process of overhauling their web site and a lot of the links you get on a Google search don't work. The new site isn't particularly easy to navigate and they no longer list prices, but instead want you to submit for a quote. I have heard that the founder has retired and his son is now in charge of the company.

I'm considering a Shark Guard for my Minimax slider but given that they seem to be, at best, in some sort of transition, I'm a little reluctant to send them any money at this point. Anyone have any recent experience with them?
    Dave, what don't you like about the stock guard?

I like the stock guard on my Hammer b3, except for the fact that you can't make non through cuts with it................Regards, Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Dave, what don't you like about the stock guard?

I like the stock guard on my Hammer b3, except for the fact that you can't make non through cuts with it................Regards, Rod.
    I want something with a larger dust port and that doesn't have a clamp handle that's always in the way. I also like the idea that the Shark Guard is transparent.

Thanks for the info Dave, the guard on my Hammer is transparent, that said I would up replacing it with an overhead guard so I could use it for non through cuts......Rod.