Thread: Bandsaw Blade Recommendation

Bandsaw Blade Recommendation

Currently I have an Italian made Laguna LT18 bandsaw. I just recently put a 1” laguna resaw king on it since majority of the work will be resawing. However, I’m in need of one more blade for doing some curve work. Eventually I will have two bandsaws one being a 14” model with a dedicated blade for curve ccuts, however I do not have the space for two machines now.
    My question is, other than the laguna resaw king, which blade would you guys recommend for a good curve cutting blade? I was looking at some Timberwolf blades in 1/4” width but just wanted some more experienced creekers opinions.

I have the same saw and love it.

About a smaller blade, I believe that you are over thinking it. They are not that expensive so I suggest that you purchase a few different blades of different configurations. This will allow you to experiment and find you likes/dislikes

Lenox Diemaster II bimetal. Twice the price but 10x the life of a Timberwolf.

How tight of curves are you looking to do and how thick of wood? I use the Diemaster II (1/2" 3 tpi) to cut bowl blanks. I've cut blanks down to about 6" in diameter with out problems. Being thicker than a board I wanted less teeth per inch. I got rid of my 14" band saw and now only have a 19" Grizzly. I don't swap blades too often but it's easy enough to do so it just didn't make sense to keep two band saw for me.

I use a bimetal 1/2" X 3TPI and a 1/4" X 6 TPI blade................Regards, Rod.

A 3/8 x 4 tpi blade is incredibly versatile. Wide enough to cut straight when you need to, narrow enough to cut many curves. Rod's suggestion is even more versatile, at the penalty of having to change blades. And John's got it right with the Lennox Diemaster II blades, or most bi-metal for that matter. Much better life.

John

So to elaborate a little, I have two band saws in my wood shop and use two, and only two, blades; the 14” Delta is permanently fitted with a Lenox Diemaster II 1/4”x 6tpi blade and the MM20 wears a 1”x 2-3 tpi Lenox Trimaster. The 14” saw handles all of the curves and odds and ends, and the 20” saw is only used for ripping and resaw. I’ve never felt like I needed anything else, and band saws are my go to cutting tools.

Some great answers here. I only have one saw and let’s face it everyone hates blade changes. So I’m just trying to stick with two blades. I’m thinking I’ll get the Lenox Diemaster II 1/4” 6tpi as my curve work blade.