Long time lurker, but now I have something I think is worth posting about . . .

About 18 months ago we acquired some land near Texarkana, TX. About 16 acres of mixed pine and hardwoods (cedar, oak, elm).
We have decided to build a home in a clear area but we have decided that we need/want to remove a number of the pines closest to the site.
These are southern yellow pine trees. (Not planted pine like is typical of this area - these are not neatly set in rows.) I have measured them to be between 80 and 100 feet tall and they have diameters in the 20-24 inch range.
There are at least a dozen trees of this size that are either too close to where we want to build or are crowding a magnificent 80 foot tall oak that we want to make a feature of our place.
We are going to have the shell of the house constructed by others and then my wife and I are going to finish the inside.
Rather than purchase lumber to construct the interior walls, etc. we were thinking of making the investment in a sawmill to produce our own dimensional lumber.
For $4,000 I can purchase new a Woodland Mills HM126 that should be able to handle the trees that I have.
I already own the tractor and the other tools that I will need for moving the logs around.
I also have the time to dry the boards before I need to use them - it will be at least 6 months before construction begins and we expect to be working on the finishout of the interior for another 6-9 months.

From my home design software, I have calculated that I will need between 3600 and 4000 FT of 2x lumber for the framing work we will be completing.

Without regard to the issues of drying the wood, does this seem reasonable? I am not too worried about 'covering' the entire $4K expense - if I end up saving myself $2k of lumber, I will be satisfied with the ROI on the sawmill.
Besides, the wife has ideas for other projects after we get the house completed.

Thanks

Martin