Thread: Quote notification option?

Quote notification option?

I’m just wondering if there’s a setting that would notify you if someone quoted one of your posts. It would be a nice to have so if someone wanted further info on something they would have a better chance of getting a response. I’ve run across a few threads where it seems some people sorta get left hanging for lack of a better description. Do we have this somewhere? Thanks guys

I don't believe that's an option in this older software but do believe it may a feature of the Xenforo software that there is intention to move to when time resources are available to do the work.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That would be helpful. It's difficult to maintain a conversation the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Dyas View Post
    That would be helpful. It's difficult to maintain a conversation the way it is now.
    Edward,

Perhaps there are better ways, but to follow a conversation in a thread where I've participated I click on "Settings" to see which threads have be updated since I read them last, then click the little double arrow icon in the "Last Post" column to find the last post. I use Hybrid Mode for viewing the messages (Settings, General) so I can see the thread tree. There, I can see if anyone has responded to any of the posts I have made and read those to check for a need to continue the conversation. This gets tedious with long, complex threads with many branches.

Some people use Linear mode-Newest First to read the forum which is simpler. I use Hybrid Mode since I like to see the thread tree so I can see who responded to what post. Either way should work if you read the forum often.

This explains the modes: https://sawmillcreek.org/faq.php?faq...thread_display

Note that you can use "Settings, View all Subscribed Threads" or use the "Quick Links, Subscribed Threads" to see a list of all threads you have participated, even those with no new posts.

JKJ

Thanks guys, I was just wondering is all. John, I use the hybrid view as well but haven’t really messed with the settings