Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for Basswood within a 500 mile radius of Nashville TN

$2.30 bd/ft

Wow...great prices.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Not sure of the mileage, but you might contact Jim Lukens & Sons Quality Hardwoods, 38 West Grant Street, Knightstown, Indiana, 46148;
    (765) 345-2971.

0345-

Check out Hobby Hardwood Alabama. They are open most Saturdays 9-4 or afternoons by appointment. They are located northeast of Huntsville, Alabama near New Market. Their site shows that they have basswood. I have done business with them several times and have always come with some really nice lumber. The lumber is cut on a Woodmizer bandsaw, kiln dried and sterilized to kill insects.

https://www.hobbyhardwoodalabama.com
    Where's the beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Giersberg View Post
    Check out Hobby Hardwood Alabama. They are open most Saturdays 9-4 or afternoons by appointment. They are located northeast of Huntsville, Alabama near New Market. Their site shows that they have basswood. I have done business with them several times and have always come with some really nice lumber. The lumber is cut on a Woodmizer bandsaw, kiln dried and sterilized to kill insects.

https://www.hobbyhardwoodalabama.com
    The type of basswood may not matter for the shutter application. But my carving and chip carving books are clear that Northern Basswood is superior to Southern Basswood, apparently because it grows slower in the north and the grain is finer. I've had some of each and I agree.