Thread: Ruida controller and motor setup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ruida controller and motor setup

I feel quite apologetic for having to ask for help again.

I have built a large 80w laser that uses the Ruida RDC644XG controller. I have been commisioning it and now have the wiring generally checked through and so far so good. With a little assistance from members on here I have addressed issues with bubbles in the laser tube water and sorted many other little niggles. It now sits there humming away nicely, but inert. I designed the machine from scratch but as a professional mechanical designer that was arguably the easy part for me.

I now have the task that I have dreaded as it is outside my comfort zone. I have to get the stepper motors moving and conduct other setups for table limits etc. Unfortunately I have swamped my brain and can't now think straight. I'm hoping there is someone out there that can list, in outline only, the steps I need to take. E.g. do I need to connect the machine to my pc to conduct that initial setup or is it done simply using the limited display on the controller itself? Is that by an ethernet connection or can it be by USB? I have really stalled here and need your help.

A few simple steps outlining the basics that I can follow up on is all I ask.

Any help would be gratefully received.
    Last edited by Les Brown; 11-04-2019 at 7:34 PM.