Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spokeshave for tight curves?

Regarding a sharpening jig for these, its pretty easy to make one from wood that will clamp into an eclipse jig. A scrap of 1/2" thick wood and two oval-head phlliips screws. There's a thread about that around here too.

See this thread for explanation:https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....How-to-sharpen
    Last edited by Mike Brady; 11-04-2019 at 5:32 PM. Reason: Add reference to prior thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Refer to my original post. I had a nice Millers Falls cigar shave but it was all but impossible to sharpen. I sold it.
    Plan B: Oscillating spindle sander

I had the same need and tried making my own, though with limited success on my first try.
    https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....hed&highlight=

I'm not sure it would go all the way down to 1" radius. Maybe if the it is just a half circle to clear the top of the blade.
    I have always wanted to come back to it and make a smaller version. Maybe something similar scaled down would work for you.
    The blade sticking out the top is a limitation, but sure makes it easier to sharpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Voigt View Post
    This!!

Solves your problem, is a beautiful tool (boys jewellery) AND the blade is easy to sharpen.

You can not get better than a tool from Terry Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Brady View Post
    Plan B: Oscillating spindle sander
    Good call!

Thumbs-up.jpg
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.