Thread: Grizzly GO490X: Problem Resolved!

Grizzly GO490X: Problem Resolved!

Many months ago, I wrote about an issue I was having with my "new" Grizzly Jointer (GO490X). It ran fine and once it was dialed in, I was very pleased with the quality of the cut and the squareness of the bed/fence. The problem I had was that anytime I moved the fence, I had to recalibrate the fence so that is was square to be bed. Several of you responded that you experienced a similar issue. After many conversations with the Grizzly technical group and a few suggestions that didn't resolve the problem, I THINK the issue has been resolved. The problem appears to have been the alignment of the fence carriage. One of the techs had me check to see the the top of the carriage was even with the top of the out-feed bed...it was not, nor could I adjust it so that it was in the same plane as the out-feed bed. The tech suggested that the problem could be in the casting of the fence carriage and sent me a new casting. I installed it today, I had no problem bringing it into alignment with the out-feed table and the fence is stable, staying square to the bed when moved in or out! I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I really think Grizzly finally resolved the problem...my hat is off to them, thanks for hanging in there with me!

Thanks for posting. I'll have to check that out on mine, as I have the same issue. Up to now, largely didn't care because I don't move the fence all that often and resetting to square isn't that bad. But, if I can adjust the carriage and fix it, I will. If I can't adjust, I'll just have to live with it because I'm doubtful Grizzly would send me a replacement, at least not for free.

Quote Originally Posted by tom lucas View Post
    Thanks for posting. I'll have to check that out on mine, as I have the same issue. Up to now, largely didn't care because I don't move the fence all that often and resetting to square isn't that bad. But, if I can adjust the carriage and fix it, I will. If I can't adjust, I'll just have to live with it because I'm doubtful Grizzly would send me a replacement, at least not for free.
    Grizzly shipped a table for a bandsaw from Bellingham to my residence near Toronto without question and no charge. Their service is second to none. The original table was warped

Brian