Thread: tracing a graphic and cutting it out of vinyl

tracing a graphic and cutting it out of vinyl

tracing an east coast fisherman's head to end up cutting this graphic on a vinyl cutter
    Using logic trace 2018 to digitize the diagram

https://youtu.be/yX7ozCsiQvc
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job Stan.
    What size is your graphic tablet?

draing board info

The drawing board I have is 18feet by 6 feet wide, its called the jumbo board
    its actually 3 drawing boards together, most of the time I only use one board
    I also have 2 smaller older boards in storage (they work fine just outgrew them)

The jumbo setup can be 4-to 5 boards together,some large companies use 4 possibly like Boeing they use these for cutting carpets

Keith I tried to answer your message but i was not able, said i did not have the right to do so
    but yes I do custom drawings for companies in the USA
    They send me paper patterns and I send back the dxf files
    Maybe you could send me your contact info...stan

drawing boards

these are better pictures , there are 2 computers for these boards the first one runs one board , the one down at the end
    runs all three boards and i have software that a 4th board could be installed
    The jumbo boards are good for boats say 14 foot to 16 foot which i have drawn , but most of the time I use a single board
    to digitize
    The software is designed to be able to re-draw where the board joints are as this is a null area , about 10 in strip right to the top