Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Political Mailings

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Combs View Post
    I don't know, some of the messages seem too toxic for my garden.
    Maybe so, but manure is good for the garden.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Maybe so, but manure is good for the garden.
    Speaking of manure, there was a recent talk and another scheduled about using Class A Bio-Solids for home landscaping and gardening. It seems the local waste water treatment facility is qualified by state and federal authorities to allow their finished output to be used in gardens.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Speaking of manure, there was a recent talk and another scheduled about using Class A Bio-Solids for home landscaping and gardening. It seems the local waste water treatment facility is qualified by state and federal authorities to allow their finished output to be used in gardens.

jtk
    Jim, they have been doing that for years here. Look up Tagro.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Why bother with the work of shredding?

Mine go into the recycling bin conveniently located close to the door.

jtk
    Ditto that. One corner of a table is designated the recycle bin in box. Anything there goes out when one of us (me) does.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drackman View Post
    I don't know how my cell number found it's way to their database, but they have started texting me.

Not happy about it.
    Right there with ya. Started getting political texts about 2 weeks ago. Really frosted about that. That crosses a line with me that automatically gets a no-vote from me.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Maybe someone should get the environmentalist after them for wasting paper. It's bad enough to go to the box store and buy a box of nails and get a receipt a foot long with games and surveys on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Dyas View Post
    Maybe someone should get the environmentalist after them for wasting paper. It's bad enough to go to the box store and buy a box of nails and get a receipt a foot long with games and surveys on it.
    LOL, I stopped into Denny's for lunch yesterday. The receipt was at least a foot long.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I actually text back and tell them that they lost my vote by texting me. A friend that is on the Democratic State Committee told me that pushback from unwanted texts was an agenda item for discussion a few weeks ago.

Blog Entries
    It makes me wonder what these people are thinking. Their bombardment approach seems to turn some people off. Are there people who actaully like to get loads of junk mail?

Give your eddress out and you may find your account so full of spam it is next to unusable. One of my old eddresses is now used for online companies that tend to render an abundance of spam. It is amazing that some companies seem to have a sale going on a daily basis. My interest would be sparked more by seeing an ad once a week or month instead of sometimes twice a day.

Here is yesterday's batch of mostly junk email with one that arrives early everyday included from today:

SPAM?.jpg

A constant bombardment trying to convince me to buy something or send money is something that will soon be easily ignored if it doesn't appeal to my daily reading.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Zoo Do used to be a thing. It is manure and stable sweeping from a zoo to add to your garden. Tiger poop is rumored to keep the deer away from your garden.
    Bill D

Tiger poop will certainly keep me away from your garden.

Saturday I had someone on my porch stumping for her sister who is running for city council. My dog barked at her like he was going to bite her. Sometimes when I walk him he does his duty on lawn campaign signs.

Good dog!

No toxic texts from politicians for me but the mailings and emails continue unabated. Especially the emails. Won't someone think of the electrons?

-Tom

It is amazing that some companies seem to have a sale going on a daily basis. My interest would be sparked more by seeing an ad once a week or month instead of sometimes twice a day.
    Meta-off-topic question: is Harbor Freight ever not having a sale?
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Meta-off-topic question: is Harbor Freight ever not having a sale?

Do they ever not have a free gift?

My favorite sale ads:
    dtree.jpg

I mean, how many sales can a dollar store have?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    My favorite sale ads:
    dtree.jpg

I mean, how many sales can a dollar store have?

In my MIL's town there was a dollar store, a 99cent store and a 98cent store. When we went to the dollar store we bragged we were going to the high class store and throwing money away.