Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Political Mailings

Blog Entries

Political Mailings

I'm getting a lot lately.

I don't know about you, but I put mine through the paper shredder.

Both parties.

I started receiving political text messages a couple days ago, can't delete them fast enough.

I started getting political emails and luckily, I have a filter where I can have anything from an address sent to the email trash can.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 10-31-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Shred them, then into the compost pile.
    Bill D

Luckily I haven't got them yet on email or text. Probably just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Shred them, then into the compost pile.
    Bill D
    I don't know, some of the messages seem too toxic for my garden.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I'm getting a lot lately.

I don't know about you, but I put mine through the paper shredder.

Both parties.
    Why bother with the work of shredding?

Mine go into the recycling bin conveniently located close to the door.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Been receiving funding requests from one of the parties by email for a while. Seems they aren't smart enough to know my .ca email address means I am in Canada and if I understand US election laws correctly they are violating it by asking me for support. I delete the requests.

I don't know how my cell number found it's way to their database, but they have started texting me.

Not happy about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Been receiving funding requests from one of the parties by email for a while. Seems they aren't smart enough to know my .ca email address means I am in Canada and if I understand US election laws correctly they are violating it by asking me for support. I delete the requests.
    You might reply asking if they really want Canadian contributions.

At least it may get you removed from there list.

This also might keep you from getting on more lists as these things tend to have a way of getting spread around.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    You might reply asking if they really want Canadian contributions.

At least it may get you removed from there list.

This also might keep you from getting on more lists as these things tend to have a way of getting spread around.

jtk
    You have more faith in them than I do. I suspect replying will only confirm to them that my email address is active and would probably trigger more emails.

Blog Entries
    What amazes me is how similar those emails are in content. They start out with some statement that’s supposed to light my hair on fire and the pivot directly to a pitch for money. I have yet to see anything that illuminates.

back in Kansas we had this lady that served in the legislature. She would send out these reports every week like clockwork.
    - she listed every bill up for vote and how she voted and why. If her vote seemed contrary, she explained the poison pill.
    - she reported on committee meetings
    - she listed at least one place each week where she would hold public office hours in a bar or something

she served a couple of terms being re-elected easily then took e few years off to have a couple of kids. But she kept up the emails. Every few months, she would send out some newsy email explaining some local issue.

Then she decided to run for office again. Her entire campaign was an email blast and a single billboard. She won in a walk.

my point is that the emails we all get are empty, valueless appeals for money. What Stephanie Sharpe did was to add value and then she didn’t need the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    What amazes me is how similar those emails are in content. They start out with some statement that’s supposed to light my hair on fire and the pivot directly to a pitch for money. I have yet to see anything that illuminates.

back in Kansas we had this lady that served in the legislature. She would send out these reports every week like clockwork.
    - she listed every bill up for vote and how she voted and why. If her vote seemed contrary, she explained the poison pill.
    - she reported on committee meetings
    - she listed at least one place each week where she would hold public office hours in a bar or something

she served a couple of terms being re-elected easily then took e few years off to have a couple of kids. But she kept up the emails. Every few months, she would send out some newsy email explaining some local issue.

Then she decided to run for office again. Her entire campaign was an email blast and a single billboard. She won in a walk.

my point is that the emails we all get are empty, valueless appeals for money. What Stephanie Sharpe did was to add value and then she didn’t need the money.
    Now that's transparency! and she didn't waste money by using USPS. Oh that more politicians would keep us informed like that of the bills that they are voting on in such a cost effective and easy manner. I feel like Lansing, Mi. is cloaked in secrecy much of the time .

Every day in the last two weeks, we've averaged 3 mailers per day. Yesterday we had 12 pieces of correspondence. 11 of them were political mailers. The fireplace will light nicely tonight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    You have more faith in them than I do. I suspect replying will only confirm to them that my email address is active and would probably trigger more emails.
    My email used to have a bounce feature. It would send the email back as being a non-valid eddress. For some reason it is no longer featured in the application. My solution is to send an email to an nonexistent account. Then the "undeliverable reply" from the email system is modified to look like it is addressed to the sender. It often gets fed through their auto-mailer and removes my eddress.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    [edited]

My guess isn't so much that she didn't need the money, she didn't have to ask for it.

jtk