Thread: Best quick change connections for DC hose

Best quick change connections for DC hose

I am trying to build a bed and also improve my DC setup. I got an expandable hose (from Peachtree) and some squeeze clamps plus a hose to hose connector. That lets me disconnect a short hose at my SawStop in the center of my shop and connect the long hose with the hose to hose connector. I theory it is quick but in reality it is a bit of a pain. I've seen the magnetic couplers and may get some, they look like they would be easier. But I am looking for good ideas.

The three machines I would connect with this are my old INCA jointer, my old Ryobi AP-10 planner and probably my router table. The router table might also get hard duct plus a short flex hose since it doesn't move much. But to get serious with the planner or jointer requires them going outside the shop onto the driveway making hard pipe impractical. 'So the long flex hose seems like what I want to continue to do. But hopefully with a quicker changeover.

I tried out the long hose and I seem to have plenty of suction at the jointer and planner. I even planned a little and it seemed to get everything despite the fact I am using a HF DC - not ultra powerful. So suction, at least for chip collection, seems to be OK or even good.

Thoughts?

I like the idea of the newer magnetic type of connections but have and use a couple of the Nordfab type quick clamping connections on the two drops I have that have them. (CNC and router table)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Try blastgateco.com. I got some quick connect fittings for my planer and sander . They work very well