Thread: DeWalt Jobsite saw DWE7491RS mods and accessories

DeWalt Jobsite saw DWE7491RS mods and accessories

I bought the Dewalt jobsite saw for some woodworking projects.

What do I need to make it better besides thin kerf blades?

Anyone make or sell a zero clearance insert for it?

What accessories have you bought or added?

Thanks
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 10-29-2019 at 8:11 PM. Reason: Defaulted font to make it readable on larger screens

I have made extensive mods to improve the DWE 7491 RS. Outfeed table, Infeed table, Aux tall fence and more. I posted pics of the outfeed table here: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ble-Saw-Part-1

Just noticed that your status is member, so you won't be able to see pics unfortunately. For only $6 /yr, you can qualify for contributor status and see pics. I'm not affiliated in any way with the management of this forum, but pics have been worth the price of admission x 10 to me

I don't run thin kerf blades, rather full kerf Forrest WW II blades and even run an 8" Forrest dado without problems. The feed rate will be slower than on a cabinet saw, but if you tune the saw correctly during set up, it is capable of excellent and repeatable results. Congrats on the saw and don't let those who think job site/portable saws aren't worthy stop you from making those worthwhile tweaks. They are a compromise to larger saws, however this model is more capable than many realize.

Please do some searching. Leecraft make an excellent ZCI.
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 10-30-2019 at 6:32 PM.
    Dick Mahany.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Mahany View Post
    I have made extensive mods to improve the DWE 7491 RS. Outfeed table, Infeed table, Aux tall fence and more. I posted pics of the outfeed table here: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ble-Saw-Part-1

Just noticed that your status is member, so you won't be able to see pics unfortunately. For only $6 /yr, you can qualify for contributor status and see pics. I'm not affiliated in any way with the management of this forum, but pics have been worth the price of admission x 10 to me

I don't run thin kerf blades, rather full kerf Forrest WW II blades and even run an 8" Forrest dado without problems. The feed rate will be slower than on a cabinet saw, but if you tune the saw correctly during set up, it is capable of excellent and repeatable results. Congrats on the saw and don't let those who think job site/portable saws aren't worthy. They are a compromise to larger saws, however this model is more capable than many realize.

Please do some searching. Leecraft make an excellent ZCI.
    Thanks Dick, I will pay up so I can see your photos. I have a Unisaw in my home shop but didn't want that expense for my second home shop plus I like the portability of the DeWalt as I need it for working on the new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hofmann View Post
    Thanks Dick, I will pay up so I can see your photos. I have a Unisaw in my home shop but didn't want that expense for my second home shop plus I like the portability of the DeWalt as I need it for working on the new home.
    PM sent check your inbox
    Dick Mahany.

5. Hi

I cannot view your picture due to a change in polici in this forum. Do you have a dropbox or another link to them?

Thanks

Eric B

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Beausejour View Post
    Hi

I cannot view your picture due to a change in polici in this forum. Do you have a dropbox or another link to them?

Thanks

Eric B
    The requested donation is only six dollars. Click on the Donate link up above to become a Contributor which will provide image viewing, private messages, the Free Classifieds and other benefits.

JIm
    Forum Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Dust collection of course and sleds.

I have added a foot switch. Very handy to be able to start and stop the saw without letting go with one hand. May not be good if you are clumsy or have a dog in the shop. A second, on/off switch is needed with this.

I used zero clearance inserts and an incra miter express with mine. Made some nice furniture and did a lot of home improvement. You can get a lot done with that saw!