Thread: "Celtic Pride"

"Celtic Pride"

Hello once again everyone here's my latest piece

"Celtic Pride" It's Teak with a hand cut Mahogany inlay turned, then a hand carved Celtic Knot rim (Both Sides) and burned inside edges for shading. The finish is Tru-Oil and this piece finished just under 12" diameter x 1 3/4" deep.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Handle is Splinterz25 on most forums.

Jack Of All Master Of None

Bruce, you sure can crank out product ! And it's all good ! If I made that ...I would have to use leather boot lacings
    for that pierced edge. But I'm pretty sure yours is carved wood !

You are so prolific, and like Mel said, it's all gorgeous. Do you do anything but woodwork Bruce?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    You are so prolific, and like Mel said, it's all gorgeous. Do you do anything but woodwork Bruce?
    Thank you guys... Yes I work a JOB and I'm restoring a old house and I paint on canvas, I posted some paintings I did here on the other topic thread a few weeks ago.

You never cease to amaze me with ANY of your outstanding turnings, this one is over the top.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Thank you very kindly William enjoy everyone.

I've had quite a few people ask me how long did this take and how did I lay it out.

I think it would be easier to show some photos while carving first and if you still have questions I'll gladly answer them.

But first the knot was hand drawn by me then carve by hand using these knifes
    https://www.amazon.com/Flexcut-Carving-S...167&sr=8-6

Over a three week time frame in the evenings watching TV, I also carved the top of the last piece I posted "Shifting Meridian" during this time.

The harp inlay was done by hand no CNC I used a Dremel w/ a cutter and a base to cut the inlay to a pencil line. Here are a few shots while carving.

Thanks again to those who commented "Celtic Pride" was chosen for TOTW on Woodturners Unlimited this week.
    Here's a little better photo of the piece.