Thread: one area of my driveway much colder- why?

one area of my driveway much colder- why?

It snowed this morning, not much but enough to stick in spots- I have this one spot in my driveway where snow takes forever to melt, trying to understand why? It's probably been going on forever but I finally noticed it last January, so I took a couple of pics, this is one-
    IJ.jpg
    notice that there's no snow on the ground anywhere else in the camera view!

This I took a few minutes ago- not exactly the same spot but same general place--
    io.jpg

my guess is it's a simple explanation, such as the concrete is much thicker there, or much thinner-? If it was thinner I would think the concrete-53 years old- would be broken up, but it's not. And whether it's thicker OR thinner, no where else in the general vicinity is concrete or asphalt holding onto snow like this, so how much thinner or thicker than the neighborhood average thickness would it have to be to be so much colder? All the concrete is from the original pour except for the far left section, which my dad added around 1970, if that matters...

??
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    It may be due to what is under the cement. There could be a small frozen pond underneath. There could be a void that doesn't get warmth from the ground as much as the other areas.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

for what it's worth, after taking the above pic and posting this, I was making a coffee and looking out the window I noticed my new driveway- about 70 left of the old driveway- was covered with snow. The new driveway is about 4 years old, a 4" thick 6-bag pour. I'm assuming why it's holding snow is because it's never had salt or ice melter on it...

The main driveway, since my place is a business, gets ice melter religiously whenever it snows or gets way cold.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Wasn't this posted before: like last winter? I distinctly remember subject and pictures.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Wasn't this posted before: like last winter? I distinctly remember subject and pictures.
    Whew, I thought I was losing it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

deja vu all over again

Me too...........
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

It was earlier this year... https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....this&highlight=

I find myself repeating questions but on a lot more frequent basis than this!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Oh yeah, me too!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I keep forgetting the question.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night