Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2014 FORD F150 reads "Low Tire Pressure"

Blog Entries

My 2014 FORD F150 reads "Low Tire Pressure"

How do I disable the warning? The tires are properly inflated including the spare.

I think I will take the truck to the local dealer.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 10-27-2019 at 4:26 PM.

The batteries in the TPM units in the tires do eventually die, although they usually last 10 years or so. But I think you get a different warning when the transducer fails. The dealer can certainly sort it out; most tire dealers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    How do I disable the warning? The tires are properly inflated including the spare.

I think I will take the truck to the local dealer.
    time to trade for a Toyota?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Wintle View Post
    time to trade for a Toyota?
    Trolling not allowed!Born and bred in America iron baby! Of course with Ford it is aluminum. I'm a GMC/Jeep kind of guy. Boy, that derailed quickly!
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 10-27-2019 at 7:25 PM.
    NOW you tell me...

As Paul stated, it's on the wheels themselves. The sensors go bad or the batteries die or get weak and they will go off intermittently. It's a pain because it makes you think you have a slack tire and then in a short time it will go back off. I have asked my tire dealer to help with this and he tells me I have to go to the Ford dealer to have the problem fixed. Out of warranty will cost too. I don't know if warranty applies to the sensors or not. Good luck. I hope you have better results than I did.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Trolling not allowed!Born and bred in America iron baby! Of course with Ford it is aluminum. I'm a GMC/Jeep kind of guy. Boy, that derailed quickly!
    I thought the full size Toyotas were designed and made in the USA not like the made in China Ford cars which are the only cars Ford still sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    Of course, the Tundra is built in...Texas...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If you're looking for a pickup, Cars.com says these are the five most American-made:

1. Honda Ridgeline
    2. Chevrolet Colorado
    3. GMC Canyon
    4. Ford F-150
    5. Toyota Tundra

This happened to my wife's Mini Cooper: TPMS warning sometimes multiple times per day, it was driving her insane. The tire place said it wasn't the batteries in the individual valve stems and it was driving us nuts. Then one day, other systems started "not coming on", like A/C fan and weird intermittent CEL's. Took it to the shop and lo and behold, the battery was at something like 10%. Replaced the battery, every issue went away. Moral of our tale was that apparently, lots of these systems are voltage-dependent and start to misbehave if the main battery is getting weak. Might be worth checking out.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

OK, the op has an annoying but somewhat trivial false warning and now we have him buying a new pickup truck! Only on the creek!

Blog Entries
    Has the OP reset the tire monitor? My VW has a setting that after you verify the pressure is correct, you tell it and it remembers the sensor setting at that time.

Howard Garner

When the battery gets old the sensors start failing on cold mornings. That's how they went in my Nissan Frontier. I just let 'em die and I ignore the idiot light and keep an eye on my tyres like we did before Ford screwed up the design of the Exploder chassis. They cheaped out and changed to leaf springs in the rear instead of coils that were originally spaced. Didn't save any money in the long run. Then we all had to pay for TPS in all new cars thanks to a new federal regulation. Boon for the MEMS suppliers, 5 per car....

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    OK, the op has an annoying but somewhat trivial false warning and now we have him buying a new pickup truck! Only on the creek!
    Actually that's pretty tame, I thought for sure the process was to decide to build a bird feeder, then need a $30K combination machine and a $50K truck to bring it home.

Followed of course by another trip in the truck to pick up a board to make the bird feeder from

regards, Rod.

Just like the poor guy who asks about the best router table and gets told the he really needs a tilting head shaper that only comes in 3 phase & here is a link to the VFD he needs.

I discovered that some VW vehicles (Audi, maybe others) use a different system for low tire pressure warning. The system warns of low pressure if one wheel/tire is rotating faster than the others. If all tires are low pressure then no warning.