Thread: Hammer Felder A3 31 Extension hardware

Hammer Felder A3 31 Extension hardware

I finally got around to putting my J/P together and stumble in confusing instructions.

http://maschinen.felder-gruppe.at/up...tions_A331.pdf

Note the thick washer orientation in the pictures and diagram.

The fat part of the washer/spacer is mounted to the J/P bed in the picture and in the diagram the narrow part of the washer/spacer is mounted to the J/P bed.

Which is correct?

Hi, I always assemble them with the large end of the spacer against the aluminum rail.

Regards, Rod

Did you also grind down the tops of the bolts?

The instructions shows the top of the bolt head have very little clearance between the extruded aluminum and the bolt head causing the extruded aluminum to be marred.

It was not necessary for my installation. Just check the hardware whether it slides easily.

Best,
    Johannes

hammer_rail_bolt_clearance.JPG

I also did NOT need to grind anything either.

Just a quick tip, for the 17mm spacing, I milled a piece of scrap to 17mm and mounted it to a piece of plywood. It was easy to get the rail parallel to the table top.

Last edited by ChrisA Edwards; 10-27-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Girard Ibanez View Post
    Did you also grind down the tops of the bolts?

The instructions shows the top of the bolt head have very little clearance between the extruded aluminum and the bolt head causing the extruded aluminum to be marred.
    No, I've never run into a pair of bolts that didn't fit so I haven't ground them.............Regards, Rod.

I don't recall having any fitment issues on the AWFS or showroom machines and haven't heard any feedback from customers (at least mine) on having to do any grinding but maybe it was in response a certain run of bolts or gibs bars? Like everyone, we source fasteners out from this and that supplier and possibly one run had higher "stampings" than the next??? Just thinking out loud. Also, I noticed that the pdf is reference to the earlier version of the A3-31 but not sure if there's any difference in regards to the guide bar. OP, please let us know how it goes. Curious to hear.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Hey Girard,

Don't know if you were able to get your rails set up yet with the the pictures and information that was provided before I saw this thread - went out to the showroom to get to more pictures for you of the extension rail that I set up in hopes to continue assisting. Any questions - give me a call here at Felder USA - ext 225

All the best

rail 1.jpgrail 2.jpg