Thread: New Member Intro: High Mountain Woodcrafters

New Member Intro: High Mountain Woodcrafters

I’ve been following SMC for the past year and getting ready to Crank up my Shop as I prepare to retire.
    Turned the Big-70 today and planning to make a run as a Solo shop. I concentrate primarily on Primitive/Shaker style pieces.

In the process of Building a Finish Room onto my 600 Sq. Ft. shop.
    Also planning to order a Woodland Mills HM-126 in Nov.
    Have approx. 30 nice Chestnut Oaks/Rock Oak (I think??) on the ground.

Wanted to thank all of you Members for sharing as I’ve picked up a great deal from planning, designing, and building my Shop, and in preparing to formally Launch my shop as a supplemental opportunity.
    If you get a chance, check out my Website and tour my Humble shop!

With much Appreciation!

Bruce N.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 10-27-2019 at 3:01 PM. Reason: Removed direct link in signature - not permitted by TOS

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! Welcome to the creek. Not a lot of folks follow the member interviews section, so you might not get a lot of replies here. Sounds like you do a lot of hand tool work. The Neanderthal forum has some good knowledge there.

Welcome Bruce, and congratulations on your impending retirement!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Bruce, welcome to the forum.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt

Congrats, Bruce on your upcoming retirement! And don't forget that the Creek likes pictures!

Milling your own lumber is fun but it doesn't save money until you build and sell a lot of furniture and all of one species. You will need somewhere to dry and store lumber and the mill. Might want to hold off and see how much free time retirement really provides and how much of it you spend in the shop.

Very nice shop, many of us are envious.