Thread: WTB: Looking for a Minimax or Hammer Jointer/Planer in the Northeast

WTB: Looking for a Minimax or Hammer Jointer/Planer in the Northeast

Looking for a 12” Minimax, Hammer, or similar quality jointer/planer to purchase. I am located in the northeast and willing to drive for pick up. If anyone knows of any or is ready to let one go please feel free to contact me. Thanks in advance!

Ron

Robland XSD near Cape Cod.

220 vAC. 12 " max width. Cast iron jointer tables.
    Straight blades, spare set included.

This unit also has the mortising attachment.

Purchased second hand for postponed kitchen remodel.

Here in 02790.

$1500

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Robland XSD near Cape Cod.

220 vAC. 12 " max width. Cast iron jointer tables.
    Straight blades, spare set included.

This unit also has the mortising attachment.

Purchased second hand for postponed kitchen remodel.

Here in 02790.

$1500
    Do you have any more information on the machine? Does it happen to have the Tersa cutter head? Would really like some sort of quick change knives or spiral cutter. I have a minimax in mind first and foremost but am definitely entertaining your machine. I am just not to familiar with Robland equipment.

Not a Tersa head - straight blades held by gib screws.
    With two sets of knives, you can send one out for sharpening after a fresh set is installed.

The more current version (NXSD) is offered with either a spiral or Tersa head, so retrofitting is possible - at additional cost.

The first owner kept the jointer tables permanently installed and just fed boards under with a low coffee table to catch the outfeed.

It ejects large shavings, but not much dust. I did my "test drive" in my garage and it could be heard inside the house.

It is amazingly loud.

I can take photos after the weekend.

Follow the link for the Robland page and search Robland XSD for background.

https://www.robland.com/details-wood...achine?prod=27

My projects have remained small enough that I can dimension and dress stock by hand, so it hasn't seen use.

Hey Jim, I really appreciate the offer but I think I am going to stay on the lookout. Will let you know if anything changes.

Well I found a guy who works in my building letting go of a minimax fs350 so I am no longer in the market!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hilverman View Post
    Well I found a guy who works in my building letting go of a minimax fs350 so I am no longer in the market!
    Congrats! Mine central to my shop and hasn't failed to satisfy...other than I sometimes wish for the wider 410mm capacity of the larger one. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim!! I’m very excited, also comes with the mortising attachment and I know it has been well maintained. I’m getting it at a steal as well! Couldn’t feel luckier about this one.

You'll surely enjoy it. The DC ports are 120mm and can be adapted easily to a 5" hose using a common rubber Fernco sewer pipe connector from the home center. (Dust collection is NOT optional...you cannot run the machine without it)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...