Thread: Wood Working Magazines

Blog Entries

Wood Working Magazines

I subscribe to three of them and have for years. The last two or three years the content pretty much leaves me cold.
    I probably will not renew and will re-read old issues that have content that is interesting.

Am I the only cantankerous old goat that feels this way?

Blog Entries
    My subscriptions were given up a few years ago. Occasionally if one caught my eye on the magazine rack it might get tossed in with the groceries. Come to think about it, our main store for grocery shopping changed their layout about a year ago and there hasn't really been any reason for me to go down that aisle since then.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Was in a Barnes and Noble a few hours ago, loking over mags, and couldn't find a single thing interesting in PWW. Woodsmith dayam near hooked me, but the worm fell off.
    If the thunder don't get you, the lightning will.

Blog Entries
    Another magazine came yesterday. It left me cold.

I just cancelled my FWW subscription. I used it mainly for design inspiration. Nowadays, SMC, Instagram, Pinterest, and plain-ol-Google are more efficient.

It's sad. I have no beef with FWW. I liked the content and thought their online archive was generous and easy to use for the price I was paying. I see how much effort they put into their articles, but alas, when I need to know something, I can usually find a person, video, blog, or discussion thread on the Internet that has tackled the exact problem I'm trying to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Another magazine came yesterday. It left me cold.

Lowell; do yourself a favor and cancel your magazine subscriptions.

Blog Entries
    I will not renew them. I doubt I could get a refund.

I got a FWW subscription last November, did not renew it. Just got the last issue a week ago I went back thru all the issues to see what articles had peaked my interest i found only 2 for the whole year. I use to buy every wood working magazine there was, but i can't tell you when i bought one or what it was.

I subscribe to three of them and have for years. The last two or three years the content pretty much leaves me cold.
    I probably will not renew and will re-read old issues that have content that is interesting.

I bought one about 45 years ago for one little thing. The rest of it was mostly advertisement. It's been decades since I've even looked at one at the newstand.

You are certainly obsessed with this subject! :^) You need to unsubscribe to all of them for at least a few years.