Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glue Gun

Glue Gun

Has anyone ever heard of a glue gun that could be used with Titebond glue? I have arthritis in my hands and it is painful to squeeze out the glue. I have been using pliers to squeeze the glue out. Crazy idea- glue gun for wood glue, but I would buy one on the spot.

I don't find that much of a squeeze is necessary for Titebond in the round 16oz bottles...it flows pretty freely. If you're using the really small bottle, try one of the larger one like I mention. I'm not familiar with a glue gun like you mention.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

how do you do with ketchup / mustard bottles?
    found this not quite what you are looking for https://www.woodworkingshop.com/prod...CABEgI52vD_BwE
    how about using acid brush or put the glue in some thing and poring it out. https://www.harborfreight.com/36-pc-...SABEgLOxPD_BwE

I use empty dish soap bottles...work great, easy to squeeze and clean the tip.

One of these would be just the ticket for you. They are expensive, but work great.

https://www.csaw.com/lamello/glue-sy...e-applicators/

I have one, but i dont get enough shop time to use it anymore. If you are interested, message me, I may sell it.

Thank you, the glue dispenser looks interesting and I suspect I could find something along those lines that is a bit smaller. I do use a brush after I apply the bead of glue. Keeping the glue in an air-tight bottle that I could dip into is an idea I will explore.

Thanks, that's a thought. Perhaps a small amount of water+detergent would help the glue flow without seriously reducing the adhesion?

Thanks, I like the idea of the glue container with brush.

Thanks, everyone - a lot of good ideas here.

Another thing to look at is a solder paste dispenser. It is basically a pneumatic syringe setup. Saw some on Amazon for about $70.
    There are also things that look like little caulking guns that use the same syringe barrels, but that is still a squeezing action.

Tightbond used to make a glue gun system. You could insert a cartridge of the different types of glue they made. Let it heat a bit, then apply with the gun. It set fairly quickly. Both the system and glues were much more expensive than regual wood glue.

We use the restaurant supply type condiment bottles. They're easy to squeeze and the tapered nozzle can be trimmed to enlarge the hole to allow for adequate flow.

14. Are you using the 16 ounce bottles to dispense glue? If so are you keeping the nozzle clean or letting it get gunked up with dried glue? I find Titebond flows pretty easily with a clean non gunked up nozzle, almost a gravity feed.

That said a good alternate is the French's Mustard flip top lids (from the 14 ounce bottles) which fit nicely on the 16 ounce round Titebond bottles. The thread is a good match, it doesn't tend to clog, and the glue flows nicely.

I thoroughly wash the soap bottles before putting glue in them.