Thread: Help

Help

I posted new post so it would bee seen different from other post.
    I got the hard drive out of old laptop and connected it to my PC
    It tells me my picture albums are empty and I know I have thousands of pictures on that drive.
    I see all of my corel files but no pictures or videos. any idea why my picture would not be there .
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    A quick way may be to search for them.

Open the search/help box (usually in the lower right of the start menu)
    search for *.jpg
    If one of the titles looks good, do a right click and then go to location.

If you know a file name for one, you can search for that as well.

Howard Garner

It says all my picture folders are empty, but I'll try a search like you said.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Well search came up empty. The computer says theres over 200 gig on that hard drive so they have to be there someplace but where? I mean I've looked everywhere.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    It says all my picture folders are empty, but I'll try a search like you said.
    Did you do the search on the entire drive? The pictures may not be in the folder marked pictures?

What does it show if you right click and choose Properties of any of the folders?

Probably a rights issue - if you are running Windows - I believe - 8 or above. Could be Vista also.
    Explore the drive using explorer and see what it says when you try to access the users folder(s).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Can you ask one of your neighbors, someone at work, or a friend for help? Maybe just ask an acquaintance.

Just an observation; I think you don't have a backup copy of the pictures. If you don't want to loose the pictures have you thought about backing them up off site or keeping them in the cloud to reduce risk of loosing them?

what version of Windows are you using to search?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

STARTED searching every where its amazing how much stuff is on a drive that I have no clue what it is LOL
    anyway kept holding cursor over folders and looked at anything big, came across a folder 242 gig open it there was a folder called "D" open it and low and behold there were all my picture folders.
    Awesome guys thanks for all the help and suggestions. They worked.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 10-27-2019 at 5:12 PM.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

win 7 to short
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

That "D" may be a partitioned drive, if so that would explain why a search turned up no pics as you were searching the "C" drive...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Make your title more specific if you want help. It is unsearchable for folks wanting to go back and reread it so they can help you. You title reminds me of the Lassie joke cartoon.
    Bill D.

http://www.jokeoverflow.com/picture-...assie-get-help

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Make your title more specific if you want help. It is unsearchable for folks wanting to go back and reread it so they can help you. You title reminds me of the Lassie joke cartoon.
    Bill D.

http://www.jokeoverflow.com/picture-...assie-get-help
    Haha! That's a good one. Poor Timmy...