Thread: Advice for table saw purchase

Advice for table saw purchase

Hi all,

After reading through the responses of my previous thread I have been convinced that my next step should be to pick up a table saw.

Unfortunately due to space constraints I don't have room for a hybrid like the Delta 36-725 or Ridgid R4512 so a jobsite saw will have to work for now.

Looking through local FB Marketplace ads I found a used Hitachi C10RJ they are asking $350 for; looks like they sell new on Amazon for $399 and Lowes (price matched) with a 2 year warranty.

I also found one on Big Sky Tools (reconditioned grade A) on sale for $169 (would be $254 shipped) with a 1 year manufacturer warranty which seems almost too good to be true. Anyone have experience buying reconditioned tools from them?

I really like the looks of this saw; it's got a 35" rip capacity, a larger table than most other jobsite saws, an extendable outfeed support, soft start, electric brake, and will accept a dado stack.

The other saw I was considering is the Dewalt DWE7480 for $349 but it has a smaller table, smaller 24.5" rip capacity, won't accept a dado, and doesn't include a stand. A closer match to the Hitachi is the DWE7491RS but it's considerably more expensive at $579.

Thoughts or any other recommendations? Beyond the Hitachi the pickings for used saws was really slim on FB and Craigslist.

Thanks!

There is a comprehensive head to head comparison of jobsite saws here that may help your decision making process. https://www.toolboxbuzz.com/head-to-...-head-to-head/. The same folks also have a video link attached at the end of the review.

I have the DWE 7491 RS and really like it although it is in the higher price range. It is typically on sale twice a year from the blue box store and several online retailers for $499 so that may help. When I purchased my DeWalt, it was sitting right next to the Hitachi and was extremely similar in almost every feature and overall design, but the Hitachi was significantly less expensive. I think the review above covers the Hitachi well. I wound up going with the DeWalt only because it has been out in the field longer and had a well established track record.
    Last edited by Dick Mahany; 10-24-2019 at 7:13 PM.
    Dick Mahany.

I can't speak to the saw, but i have purchased from Big Sky a handful of times. The Grade A refurbs i've gotten have looked pretty much unused with perhaps a little (very little) cosmetic marking. Never had to return anything, or had any problems so i can't speak to the problem resolution. From both Big Sky and CPO, the Grade A refurbs may even be store returns that are unused, but have been opened.
    earl