Much of my hobby woodwork has been more construction/building oriented vs (what I consider) more fine woodworking.
I built a large home addition, mostly myself. So I have a lot of jobsite type tools. Handheld power, contractor table and chop saw, etc. Framing, drywall, flooring, roofing, finishing, wiring, plumbing are my experience.
I did splurge on some festool stuff awhile back also, track saw, domino and mft.
I am working toward gearing up for things like furniture and cabinet making. I do not have some of what I consider "core machines" in my shop. I have a decent size workshop- a well built shed that is insulated and drywalled, 15'x15'. Good size but not terribly large.
A future project is going to involve a much larger space, I am going to build a large garage. It is a few years out.
I currently don't have room for an abundance of large machines. But I might in the future.
What I'm looking for input on, is if I were to start with smaller machines, eg, lunchbox planer, benchtop bandsaw, drill press, etc would those be tools I would want to keep and still use in companion with larger ones?