Thread: Looking for brick and mortar tool stores in the northeast

Looking for brick and mortar tool stores in the northeast

More specifically I知 flying into Hartford Ct tomorrow and traveling north and east close to Springfield and Worcester then a little north again. I知 looking to pick up a FT domino and track saw to ship and or carry back in a few days. I知 all ears if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

The Tool Nut
    247 Mahopac Avenue
    Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

One advantage here is that they likely will have "anything" in stock compared to many smaller retailers that carry Festool.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

3. Coastal Tools in West Hartford.

510 New Park Ave
    West Hartford, CT
    860 233-8213

There's Woodcraft in both Hartford (a bit south in Manchester) and Springfield (on your way to Worcester). The Manchester store also shares space with the Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking, if that's of any interest to you. There are wonderful people in both those stores, and they have a lot of Festool in stock.

There is probably a Rockler somewhere nearby. I'd run through all the online catalogs before the trip so that you have a list of "wants" along with the prices. Have a fun time!

I love the guys at the tool nut, and I live about a mile away, but they do not have a showroom anymore - only mail order.

Quote Originally Posted by russell lusthaus View Post
    I love the guys at the tool nut, and I live about a mile away, but they do not have a showroom anymore - only mail order.
    Web site seems to indicate they have a retails store...it shows a map and states hours for retail operation. https://www.toolnut.com/about-us.html
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Web site seems to indicate they have a retails store...it shows a map and states hours for retail operation. https://www.toolnut.com/about-us.html
    I might be taking a ride up there to check it out when I return to SW Ct next summer. I just don稚 have time for that big of a back track this trip. Definitely want to check them out though.
    And a big thank you once again everyone. I spoke with Lloyd up at the Springfield woodcraft. He said he has everything so I went ahead and made the payment over the phone so I could pick everything up on Thursday. Now I just need a piece of luggage that will fit 2 sustainers. Most likely will have to ship the tracks

The Tool Nut is no longer a retail store. They are more interested in online sales than walk in. I live 15 minutes from them and find it very frustrating that I can't wander around the store. I usually end up buying more than I initially went for. If you know exactly what you want they will get it for you, but you can't really look around.

You're actually going to be flying into Windsor Locks, or Bradley Airport. Hartford will be south of where you're at.
    WoodCraft is in Manchester, about 20 miles or so from the Airport. I-91 south, to 291, to 84 west.
    Coastal Tool is in West Hartford. Probably about 35 mils from the Airport. I-91 south, to 84 west. This a nice store also. It's bigger than WoodCraft. It's cool to walk around. They have a lot of tools there.
    There is a WoodCraft in a shopping Center in Springfield Mass. It's quite a bit smaller than the one in Manchester/East Hartford.
    There is also a good sized Cabella's in East Hartford, about 10 miles west of the WoodCraft in Manchester. It's by the football stadium, if you're into Outdoors type of stuff.

WoodCraft in Manchester/East Hartford has always been a good experience for me. I don't go there to often, but it is a nice store. They generally have q good selection of Festool items.
    Their website inventory shows that they have the Domino's, but that the TS55's and TS75's may be on backorder. It's not clear.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

If you're goin going to be in Worcester, US Tool & Fastener should have everything you're looking for. They're a full-line Festool dealer.

US Tool & Fastener
    120 Goddard Memorial Drive
    Worcester, MA 01603
    https://www.ustoolandfastener.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    You're actually going to be flying into Windsor Locks, or Bradley Airport. Hartford will be south of where you're at.
    WoodCraft is in Manchester, about 20 miles or so from the Airport. I-91 south, to 291, to 84 west.
    Coastal Tool is in West Hartford. Probably about 35 mils from the Airport. I-91 south, to 84 west. This a nice store also. It's bigger than WoodCraft. It's cool to walk around. They have a lot of tools there.
    There is a WoodCraft in a shopping Center in Springfield Mass. It's quite a bit smaller than the one in Manchester/East Hartford.
    There is also a good sized Cabella's in East Hartford, about 10 miles west of the WoodCraft in Manchester. It's by the football stadium, if you're into Outdoors type of stuff.

WoodCraft in Manchester/East Hartford has always been a good experience for me. I don't go there to often, but it is a nice store. They generally have q good selection of Festool items.
    Their website inventory shows that they have the Domino's, but that the TS55's and TS75's may be on backorder. It's not clear.
    +1 to all of this.

I lived in Simsbury, CT for many years and spent a lot of money at Coastal Tool in W. Hartford and at Woodcraft in Manchester. I have shopped at all the others too. Coastal is your best bet.

Regards,
    Phil