Thread: Anyone use epoxy putty before?

Anyone use epoxy putty before?

I’ve always had this stuff on my radar and the more I read about it, it sounds really promising. It seems to be kind of a crossover/best of both worlds between epoxy and wood filler. So I ordered a Mohawk stick in walnut to try. I’m excited to try it.

Anyone have experience with this stuff and can share some application/usage tips? Thanks!

I’ve used it quite a bit for interior and exterior wood repair. I’ve only used the JB Weld product from the hardware store. It works as advertised. Just cut off the amount you need, knead it with your fingers until well mixed and fill/level/smooth. It sands/shapes well. For furniture repair, I apply, sand to shape, brush on a little sanding sealer, then color as necessary.

I use System 3 Sculpwood frequently. I'm really happy with it. Easy to mix, apply & shape.

I have used it for filler. The epoxy is much harder than the wood and that makes it difficult to sand flush. I always get a little mound of epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett Ostroff View Post
    I’ve always had this stuff on my radar and the more I read about it, it sounds really promising. It seems to be kind of a crossover/best of both worlds between epoxy and wood filler. So I ordered a Mohawk stick in walnut to try. I’m excited to try it.

Anyone have experience with this stuff and can share some application/usage tips? Thanks!
    I've never used it before but I would recommend putting masking tape on the wood around the void to prevent like a glue stain on the wood that won't accept a stain. What I use is mix a universal tinting color to bondo to use as a filler. The fiberglass resin will also stain the wood.