Thread: Split image in corel

Split image in corel

Now I don't want you to do it for me but can you tell me how to do it. I've been playing with it for over an hr now . tried a few different things. can't weld it can't use delete knife, Air Pad 2.cdr I'm stuck LOL
    2 rectangles are separate . I need the logo split were the bottom portion goes into the bottom box.Air Pad 2.cdr

OK Maybe I got it I cropped the lower half now I'll do same to top and see if it will engrave that way
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 10-20-2019 at 7:20 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

OK I think this might work,, it was a lot of work . Mavic Pilots.jpg if theres n easier way Im all ears LOL
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 10-20-2019 at 8:25 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

what you did is basically how I did it, but I only took a few seconds

here's what I did:
    1- measured the whole thing, it's 19" wide, so I put in a 20" arrow-button jog space
    2- grouped the entire logo but not the rectangles, and hit Ctrl+Home (aka bring to front)
    3- grouped everything, hit copy, then jogged the copy once to the right, 20"--
    4- on the left graphic I grouped the top rectangle and the whole logo, then hit "FRONT MINUS BACK"
    5- on the right graphic, I grouped the bottom rectangle and the whole logo, and "FRONT MINUS BACK"
    6- the result:

mav.jpg

--both rectangles are there, but 'divorced' from the graphic, so they can be deleted. Then just jog the right half left one click and they're together, but separated
    mav2.jpg
    I painted the logo but left the black outline, you can see the split. If you laser only the magenta and don't run the outline, it will laser as one piece...

There may be an even easier way, but ..?
    Last edited by Kev Williams; 10-20-2019 at 11:08 PM.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks Kev I'll see if I can do it that way to. just to learn a new method
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander