Thread: Lumber yard Jacksonville or Charleston areas

Lumber yard Jacksonville or Charleston areas

Can anyone recommend any good lumber yards for domestic and exotic lumbers in Jacksonville or Charleston. I'll be driving from Savannah to both areas within the next month and wanted to take pick up a truck load each trip if the prices are right.

Thanks in advance!
    I'm a Joe of all trades. It's a first, it'll catch on.

Hey Joe!

I'm from Ormond Beach (Daytona area), but I frequent Jax area too. Unfortunately there aren't many good lumber yards in Florida, probably cause there aren't many furniture makers down here, and a lack of any actual hardwood trees lol. Mostly just plywood suppliers with a small selection of basic hardwoods for general contractors. If you want to check one out, try Florida Southern Plywood in Jax, they got a small (500-1000bd/ft each) selection of Soft Maple (8/4 is about $4.98 bd/ft as of 10/20), Red Oak, some Walnut (8/4 and 4/4, around $11-13 bd/ft I believe), and they have a little Mahogany (although I think it's specifically Sapele).

You can also check out "Eco Relics", it's a store full of oddities, but they also sell slabs and hardwoods possibly. Never been but I've heard a lot about it.

M&M Hardwoods is a good place too, but it's down in Daytona, probably too far for your trip.