Thread: Woodmizer Bandmill- My Helpfull Water Jug Suggestion

Thumbs up Woodmizer Bandmill- My Helpfull Water Jug Suggestion

This is intended as a helpful suggestion for anyone who might need a new lubrication water jug for their bandmill.
    I replaced my original Woodmizer jug with a U-line jug one year ago. The U-line jug was much cheaper but fell apart this week from UV damage. In taking a fresh look for my next jug I ran onto these "Reliance Products Aqua-tainer 7 gallon rigid water containers. They are sold all over Amazon and ebay cheap enough. Mfg in Winnepeg, Canada. I paid $12.77 w/free Amazon shipping. The plastic is blue and 4mm thick, so far heavier than any others I've seen, no matter who sells them. I have not seen a UV inhibitor statement but they are intended for long term water storage so it makes sense these will last.
    The main cap is a different thread dia than the OE jugs but the smaller female threads in that cap center are identical. All you do is remove the OE Woodmizerwater valve parts and screw them into the new main cap & attach you clear tubing. These actually come with their own water tap for use as a campground, etc. water source. That tap has no small ribbed spout for small tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Tyree View Post
    This is intended as a helpful suggestion for anyone who might need a new lubrication water jug for their bandmill.
    I replaced my original Woodmizer jug with a U-line jug one year ago. The U-line jug was much cheaper but fell apart this week from UV damage. In taking a fresh look for my next jug I ran onto these "Reliance Products Aqua-tainer 7 gallon rigid water containers. They are sold all over Amazon and ebay cheap enough. Mfg in Winnepeg, Canada. I paid $12.77 w/free Amazon shipping. The plastic is blue and 4mm thick, so far heavier than any others I've seen, no matter who sells them. I have not seen a UV inhibitor statement but they are intended for long term water storage so it makes sense these will last.
    The main cap is a different thread dia than the OE jugs but the smaller female threads in that cap center are identical. All you do is remove the OE Woodmizerwater valve parts and screw them into the new main cap & attach you clear tubing. These actually come with their own water tap for use as a campground, etc. water source. That tap has no small ribbed spout for small tubing.
    Nice idea. Does it fit in the metal tray with the bungee cords that WoodMizer provides (or at least provided on my LT-15)?

My experience with plastic outside in the sun (buckets, etc) is anything white degrades quickly and the darker the color the longer it lasts. I've taken to putting a cover on the jug to keep the UV away.

I had to replace my original jug after some years. I bought one from Walmart where they sold drinking water. I might like the blue one you showed if it would fit on the saw without too much modification.

JKJ

Slow reply!!! The blue 7 gallon jug fits the WM try OK but it is larger and sits a bit canted which isn't really a problem at all as the outlet remains low enough to use the contents and the bungees hold it in position in use. One bungee goe through a handle the other lies in a depression and overall a non-issue. The top caps are different sizes but the center threads are the same so the valve/tap from WM screws directly into the new jugs main cap. It is a far more durable plastic jug than either WM or the cheaper one I bought from a web seller called "U-line" who lists many plastic jugs. My U-line jug was less than 1/2 a WM and exact same size but also shared the poor UV durability and very thin plastic sun or no sun.
    I bought one listed as used but was new as most of Amazon's warehouse returns are, cost was $12 free shipping. They had two when i bought mine.