Thread: What is this Pay Pal add

Blog Entries

What is this Pay Pal add

that shows up on my cell phone that I have a large sum of money coming?

Does any body know. It has to be a scam.

A) it’s an “ad” short for advertisement
    B) if you think it might be a scam, it’s a scam.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 10-22-2019 at 2:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's fascinating that people still ask about these things. I guess that's why they keep sending them.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Lowell, showing up how? Have you downloaded any new apps lately? There might be some malware someplace.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post

Even the emails that may come from Paypal are treated like a spam scam on machine. There are some telling my statement is available on line. The link in the email is never clicked, my account is accessed through a secure connection with my browser's link.

How would Paypal know a large sum of money is coming your way unless it was already in your account?

Don't follow the link in the email. Go to your Paypal account to check. The link in a scammail will take you to a site that looks like Paypal but it is there to get your information to rob you blind.

There isn't some Paypal Fairy out there gifting large sums of money to random accounts. John Beresford Tipton was a fictional character and Michael Anthony is not looking for you.

There are many interesting links on almost every web site. Many of them are referred to as "click bait." They are there to bait you into clicking on an image of a pretty girl or cute kitty with the intention of sucking you in to their scheme.

Don't fall for it.

jtk

- How old does one have to be to get the John Beresford Tipton & Michael Anthony references?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    I don't use Paypal anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    How old does one have to be to get the John Beresford Tipton & Michael Anthony references?
    I'm 69 and (very) vaguely remember my folks watching the show. Only thing I remember about it is the opening title sequence with those names.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Blog Entries
    Actually I post about them so others will be aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post

There isn't some Paypal Fairy out there gifting large sums of money to random accounts. John Beresford Tipton was a fictional character and Michael Anthony is not looking for you.

- How old does one have to be to get the John Beresford Tipton & Michael Anthony references?

Michael Anthony from Van Halen? What does he have to do with any of this? Pretty damn good bassist though.

Actually I post about them so others will be aware.
    No harm done Lowell. Always better to ask (or warn) others Sir.
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I come here to get my "chuckle of the day".
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Michael Anthony from Van Halen? What does he have to do with any of this? Pretty damn good bassist though.
    John Beresford Tipton & Michael Anthony are character names from a 1950’s TV show called "The Millionaire".
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    John Beresford Tipton & Michael Anthony are character names from a 1950’s TV show called "The Millionaire".

Back when a million dollars was a LOT of money!
    Fair winds and following seas,
    Jim Waldron

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Waldron View Post
    Back when a million dollars was a LOT of money!
    Even better, the money had all taxes paid by the benefactor.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Blog Entries

It is possible for someone to send money to your email if you do not have a Paypal account. This sounds a little different than what takes place when someone sends you money.

jtk