Thread: Mounting Dust Collector Horizontally??

Mounting Dust Collector Horizontally??

Hey all,
    I’ve purchased a used grizzly g0562zp 3hp twin canister filter dust collector and I intend to mate it with a super dust deputy xl. Since it’ll be a two stage unit, do you think there is any issue with mounting it horizontally so I can mate the input of the dust collector directly to the SDD? I have an awkward space situation in my shop and mounting this on the ceiling with the filters going out horizontally and the suction side of the collector pointed down into the SDD would really help my space issue. Thanks for the advice.

Blog Entries
    I have seen this done by others. Wood Magazine even did this in 'Idea Shop 5'. One would think that the problem of dust not being able to fall out of the filters could pose an eventual problem but, there you have it.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

You could eliminate everything but the motor and one filter and just stack the entire assembly vertically. No real need for both filters if your not blowing dust into them.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I have seen this done by others. Wood Magazine even did this in 'Idea Shop 5'. One would think that the problem of dust not being able to fall out of the filters could pose an eventual problem but, there you have it.
    Also I wonder if I just bought the single outlet connector (the piece in between the impeller and the filter units) and just mounted both filters on one filter housing. Same throughput, just the bottom filter would have to be removed from time to time to get rid of the little be of dust that gets by the cyclone. Thoughts on that?