Thread: Shop Radio

Shop Radio

I had a brush pile waiting on the bulk pickup by the city. I went out to put some more out on the pile and I found this old vectore emergency tv, radio (all bands including weather with auto scan feature). Plus a crank to
    charge up the internal rechargeable battery plus it had a battery compartment to put some more C cell size.

I had a power supply from a laptop I dont have anymore and it was rated a .5 amp more than required and plus the jack fit it and everything works on it. Need some batteries installed for the tv and front headlamp to work without the power supply. Will get that later.

IMG_20191018_185946758.jpgIMG_20191018_185939331.jpgIMG_20191018_185954355.jpgIMG_20191018_190002646.jpg

What an odd thing, in kind of a cool, retro way. Is that really a CRT TV? Must have to crank like mad to keep that thing running. I see the manual is on the web and is copyrighted 2005. Those combo emergency radio, etc, etc, devices with crank and batteries are pretty common now but that is certainly an early example.

That's a nice find Marlin!! It looks pretty cool. Maybe you can get it to work.
    David

Blog Entries
    When I saw your thread, I thought about this thread.

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....55#post2958155

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    What an odd thing, in kind of a cool, retro way. Is that really a CRT TV? Must have to crank like mad to keep that thing running. I see the manual is on the web and is copyrighted 2005. Those combo emergency radio, etc, etc, devices with crank and batteries are pretty common now but that is certainly an early example.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Buchhauser View Post
    That's a nice find Marlin!! It looks pretty cool. Maybe you can get it to work.
    David
    Well everything works except no channels for the tv since they went digital. Now the manual mentions the tv and front lamp wont work off the internal rechargeable battery with out putting the extra C cells in or having the power supply plug in. And the internal rechargeable battery still holds a charge.

If you plan to watch tv in the shop, you will have to change the name to "man cave".

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    If you plan to watch tv in the shop, you will have to change the name to "man cave".
    No tv but I do sometimes take a break and listen to the radio